Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For up-to-date and archival information on the ISLN Red Dot Awards
visit the official Red Dot Website
The annual Red Dot Book Awards
The Red Dot Book Awards
The Red Dot Book Awards are an annual reading event, organized by ISLN (the International School Libraries Network) in Singapore.
Books are chosen by a committee of teacher-librarians from recent children's literature (first published in English within the past four years), with the goal of offering a range of books from around the world.
Titles are divided into four categories, roughly based on readers, rather than book formats or school divisions. (NB: It is up to every librarian to determine which books are right for which classes in their school.)
- Early Years (ages 3-7) -- formerly Picture Books
- Younger Readers (ages 7-10) -- formerly Junior) -- (where Captain Underpants and Geronimo Stilton are the assumed reading level)
- Older Readers (ages 10-14) -- formerly Middle) -- (where Inkheart and The Lightning Thief are the assumed reading level)
- Mature Readers (ages 14-adult) -- (formerly Senior) -- (where Twilight and The Book Thief are the assumed reading level)
The cycle goes:
- Longlists are announced in June, with up to 25 books per category.
- Shortlists are announced in September/October, with just 8 books per category.
- Voting by students takes place March 1 to May 1.
Red Dot Books in our catalogs
Dover Primary Library catalog:
Dover Secondary Library catalog: