Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- When was the information created?
- Can you find a copyright date on the website or figure out the last time it was updated?
- Does your research question depend upon up-to-date information?
- Are there links or references on the page? Do the links work?
- What kind of information is included in the website? Facts? Analysis? Opinions?
- Based on what you know, is it accurate?
- Can you verify the information in another source?
- Can you determine who the author/creator is?
- Is there an "About" or "Contact" link?
- Are they an expert? How can you tell?
- Who is the publisher or sponsor of the site?
- Does the website URL reveal anything about the author or the source? (.com / .edu / gov / .org / .net, etc.)
Purpose / Point of View
- Can you tell why the information was published?
- Can you detect any political, cultural, religious, institutional, or personal bias?
- Are there ads on the website?
- Can you tell the intended audience of this site?